Aromatherapy for Valentine’s Day: How to Create a Romantic Atmosphere
This Valentine’s Day, create a romantic atmosphere with aromatic essential oils.
Traditional “romance” oils like jasmine, rose, and ylang ylang work well in blends with neroli, but for a little extra spice, you may also want to try adding essential oils like black pepper, bergamot, patchouli, and vetiver.
To create a sensual atmosphere, you can:
- Create a private space.
- Fill your space with your favorite colors and fabrics, including pillows and/or blankets.
- Minimize outside noise.
- Details: relaxing music, aromatherapy candles, and fresh flowers.
To enhance romantic massage you can:
- Diffuse the essential oil of your choice into the room (essential oils can also be added directly into massage oils and bath water; see the recipe included below).
- Focus on comfort and intent.
- Communicate through all of your senses; don’t focus on conversation only.
- Play. Laugh. Enjoy yourself.
To get started, try this basic aromatic massage recipe, and augment with your favorite essential oils. For massage, essential oils are best added into a carrier oil like jojoba, almond, or avocado.
Basic Aromatic Massage Oil
- Sweet almond oil: 4 oz
- Rose Rosa damascena oil: 1-2 drops
- Jasmine Jasmine grandiflorum: 1-2 drops
For more aromatherapy recipes and tips, visit the free downloads section of the Apothecary Shoppe College Store website online here.
To learn more about the health benefits of aromatherapy for personal and professional use, check out ACHS’s aromatherapy training programs and aromatherapy classes online